Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It's in my Nature.

As a fashion student I often wonder where designers draw their colour inspirations from. In most cases, the best way to get your creative juices flowing and your brain ticking is by putting together a mood board.

Long gone are the days where I actually used to enjoy sitting down with a pair of scissors and  glue together things that inspired me. I much rather utilize the computer skills I have and whip something up that avoids me having to bust out the PVC.

You may have picked up on the fact that I rather enjoy taking pictures of nature, so I thought this time I would  put together a visual comparison of the natural colours around us versus the consistent colour trends we are seeing on the streets. 

Whilst your scrolling through, don't forget to keep scrolling down to my NATIO GIVEAWAY and enter! 





All nature photography was taken by yours truley, all other fashion images were sourced from various blogs and tumblrs.


23 comments:

Sarah - Squeezed Daily said...

Love the colour groupings, stunning nature photography!
Sarah

Wida said...

Wow, this is amazing! You're right a mood board would be awesome!


Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Vagrant-girl said...

Your photos remind me Jenny Gillies
You should have a look at her gorgeous costumes :)
~Naughty by Nature

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2009/09/04/2676378.htm

Vantage Point Vintage said...

I love these looks & the pictures are gorgeous! Nice post!

Best,
Nicole D http://www.vantagepointvintage.com/blog/

joey @HONEYHYPE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joey @HONEYHYPE said...

Nice! Love how you put these photos together and the colours are so refreshing.

x
Joey.


HONEYHYPE.

fawnandfoe said...

Love the way you put this together.. very inspiring! Fantastic photographs as well. (:

Lorena said...

Great photos!!! Ok, I follow you, I hope you follow me too!
Kisses
http://www.lookladymode.com/

Sam said...

Beautiful pics, I can see how they would be a source if inspiration. I am already following you on Bloglovin'
Have a lovely day!

Cookie said...

amazing post!green was best!
http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

Michelle's Style File said...

Fabulous post! Love the mix of nature and fashion.

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

hello, Friday said...

Great comparison. Love the colors! xoxo

http://hellofridaybypaik.blogspot.com/

Dark Blue Stripes said...

Love how you tied the nature photos to current colour trends in street style.

Christie

|Blog|Facebook|Twitter|

Susanne Aprisilia Fergie said...

great look! love the pictures. pretty pretty beautiful


http://susannaprisilia.blogspot.com/2011/10/be-mine.html

Alina said...

Great post,great inspiration!I love these pics!

.sabo skirt. said...

We really love the pictures! The green and red outfits are really amazing! The plants and flowers are really a wonderful addition to a very creative photography! We love it very much!

Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!

SHOP: www.saboskirt.com

BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

Kimberly Capeto said...

Hey !
That green color is awesome.
I totally get way designers are inspired by nature.
Love your pics :)

xoxo

Angela said...

Love these colours...and that green satchel! Yum!

little henry lee said...

oh wow, your nature photos are gorgeous and they perfectly compliment the fashion shots! looks great.

thestyleflux said...

I love the nature inspired outfits

Kaye
Fashion Blogger
http://thestyleflux.blogspot.com
Twitter: @thestyleflux

Sofie said...

This post is amazing!! Your photography is excellent, and so is your comparing with fashion!

LUAR said...

Stunning post. Those photographs are beautiful

LUAR

xxx

Mia from 123456789smiling said...

LOVE the green Comme des Garcons pouch!! GREAT blog !